Friday 7 May 2010

Coming Soon! An All Day Workshop

Just a little teaser to let you know
 that I am going to be holding an all day workshop soon. 
Keep watching the blog as the details will be released 
 in the next day or so!

As promised for now, a few more pics from the under
water life samples.  I just love that diver, he has such personality, doesn't he?!   On the first card he is suspended from a piece of acetate from the top of the card
so he moves when you hold the card.

On the dolphin card, I used a piece of acetate to overlay the card, but I ran it through my wizard in an embossing folder to get the texture that you see.  I really liked the effect.  It does obscure the background a bit though, where I tore pieces of different coloured card to create an ocean type scene.  I used the new ''glints'' both on the four corners of the diver card below and I used the large clear glint to magnify the ''Oceans of love"' text on the dolphin card.  They are very versatile embellishments as they both magnify and they accept alcohol ink to colour them to make your project.  I hope these have given you some inspiration!
All for now, Sue x

17 comments:

Annie said...

Great cards as always.
Ann xxx

Lorraine said...

wow these cards are fabulous sue love the bubble effect on the one you ran through your machine it looks fabulous thanks for the inspiration xx

Bagira said...

Funny!!!!!!!)))

Ciacchina said...

bellissime cards! l'effetto dell'acetato embossato, in quella dei delfini, รจ strepitoso!!!

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous set of cards

Kate's Cards said...

Wow. Hope the workshop is near me!
Kate
X

Shirl said...

ALL the cards are awesome, I like the one with the dolphins especially, such a cool idea to emboss the acetate before layering it on the card!

Unknown said...

Love your cards! They are so effective!
Hugs
Kim
x

Anne said...

Fantastic cards Sue, I love how you've used the acetate:)
Anne x

bonjen3 said...

wish I lived closer for your workshop! fab cards

The Taming of the Glue said...

More fab cards. So upset that I can't make the workshop. Off to play with some acetate and embossing boards!

Amanda said...

Love the embossed overlay, I never thought of embossing accetate before! Thanks for the idea

AmandaP

fairie said...

Gosh, these are such cute cute cards. I love the scuba diver one, looks so real.

Unknown said...

That scuba card is sooo cute..I love it!!
-Cher

Birgit said...

Oh, I especially love the dolphin card!

Happy creating,
Birgit

bernietom47 said...

Awesome technique on the dolphin card. I know a little girl who’s crazy about dolphins so I'm always making her cards using them. She is going to love the acetate overlay. Thanks for an inspiring idea.
Hugs
Bernie

Auntie Em said...

I never thought of running the acetate through the Cuttlebug!! Awesome idea!!!
Thanks for sharing!!! :o)